Tuesday 3 May 2011

Junk Drawer

This is one of our family junk drawers. An assortment of batteries, tools, lint brushes, pens, stray receipts, keys, Canadian Tire money, and so much more! (I hope I remembered to wipe off the handle before taking the photo...)
 
We have about five or six drawers like this around the house, containing different varieties of junk. One or two of them are exclusively designated for my husband's junk. Some of his junk has recently attained antique status. None of his junk may be touched, lifted, tidied, straightened up, rearranged or in any way tampered with. My art supplies junk drawer has a bottle of india ink, sketchbooks, a tin box holding all my Prismacolour pencils, pictures cut out of magazines, numerous European stamps that I collected when I worked at the LCBO, pens, erasers, and an old rolled-up drawing.

What's in your junk drawer? Do you have several, like we do? Or are you one of those people who would never have such a thing in your house? Please feel free to share the secrets of your junk drawer in the comments section.

Speaking of art supplies, and thus art, you are invited to my next post
featuring a gala opening reception for
La Galerie Kenmore
Photographic refreshments will be served
 and of course you are welcome to bring your own wine & cheese

2 comments:

  1. I currently have Junk Rooms. The biggest one is the room which has been designated to eventually become the master bedroom/ensuite/WIC. Currently it is called the "Sunroom" but is really a storage area for the washer & dryer (still in the boxes), two twin beds, one futon, a treadmill, a door, two desks, two office chairs, two rocking chairs, four plastic lawn chairs, two lockers, a coffee table , a ladder, many more tools than I have time to delineate here, tiles, paint and paint parphenalia, my computer and computer related junk, many items in boxes which will eventually be unboxed and nailed, screwed and or glued to various surfaces, moving boxes still unpacked, a toilet in a box, jackets, boots and shoes, and household detritus which has found its way here.

    Now that is only one room mind you. Ah the renovation fun continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your renovation news! & photos!

    ReplyDelete